Let me tell you, it was SO hard to stay focused and try to not think about all the different missions I could be serving in for the next 18 months of my life! Stateside? Foreign? When? Will I speak a different language? All of those answers were sitting on my bed at home in the big, white envelope.
Since I got home so late from work, my family and I decided we would wait until the next day where I could be surrounded by close friends and family to open my call. After another restless and anxious day at work, it was finally time!
TEXAS! As soon as I read that, I felt so much peace and comfort. I know this is where I am meant to go. I'm grateful for my Heavenly Father who knows me and where I will be most useful. The more I learn about the Dallas area, the more I feel that it the perfect place for me. I already have such a love for it and the people, even though I don't know them... yet! I can't wait to serve and bring them the gospel of Jesus Christ that I have been so fortunate to know my whole life. It brings such happiness to me and I want others to feel that same joy, love, and truth that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints provides. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I can't wait to be an official representative of Him for the next year and a half!
I'm so proud of you, Rachel! You're going to be a wonderful missionary, and the people of the Texas Dallas Mission are going to absolutely love you! I'm so lucky to be your mom!
ReplyDelete